[Histonet] (no subject)

Thomas Jasper tjasper <@t> copc.net
Thu Dec 3 14:18:30 CST 2009

Hi Jeri,

He should be fine.  Passing the HTL demonstrates considerable knowledge
which is applicable to the clinical (human) lab world.  Also, I'm of the
opinion that animal tissue - in general - is more difficult to section
than human tissue.

Not actually knowing the person - which makes a difference - and with
the information you've provided, again, he should be fine.

Tom J.

Thomas Jasper HT (ASCP) BAS
Histology Supervisor
Central Oregon Regional Pathology Services
Bend, Oregon 97701
541/693-2677
tjasper <@t> copc.net

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
jeri <@t> opssearchgroup.com
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 11:49 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Histonetters,

I am hoping you folks can provide an opinion.  I am assisting an
individual who has a Biology degree, HTL certification and for the past
3 years worked in the histology section of a private lab where they cut,
embedded and stained animal tissues. He would like to transition to a
hospital lab.  Is there any reason his skill set and knowledge would be
incompatible with his desired new ambition?

Jeri Vitello