[Histonet] Slide Crusher

mtitford <@t> aol.com mtitford <@t> aol.com
Thu Dec 3 10:31:37 CST 2009

Debbie Boyd in Virginia asks about slide crushers:

At the National Society meeting in Birmingham recently, a company called Creative Waste Solutions displayed a slide crusher. It grinds them up and the slide labels too until it is just like very roughly ground sugar. The instrument costs several thousand dollars, but, better still, you can rent it. They will rent you the instrument, and give you bags and boxes to put the ground up slides in. Then I guess it is off to the landfill.
Their telephone number is (888) 795 8300 (www.slydeater.com). Jim Maynard, a histotechnologist, represents them in Florida. his number is (352) 978 9197
(I will need to rent one when I finally retire and I have to empty my office!)

Mike Titford
USA Pathology
Mobile AL USA