[Histonet] masson trichrome - question

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 3 04:27:15 CST 2009

No, but you could substitute phosphotungstic acid. It's the metal salt
(tungsten, molybdenum) that's required for the stain, not the "acid" part. 

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of
dcojita <@t> tampabay.rr.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 8:34 PM
To: 'histonet'
Subject: [Histonet] masson trichrome - question

Does anyone know if you can substitute hydrochloric acid for phosphomolybdic
when performing a masson trichrome stain?

Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

More information about the Histonet mailing list