[Histonet] EM processing

Va Paula Sicurello vapatpxs <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 15:18:38 CDT 2009

I have never heard of an EM lab making their own resin for embedding.  We almost all buy the resin kits or the separate components to make either a Epon 812 equivalent or Spurrs.

The amount of time it takes to process is usually tissue dependent.  On average, it takes one day to process (if the tissue is 1mm cubed or less) and 2 days in the oven for the resin to polymerize.  You can speed things up if you microwave process.

Paula Sicurello
VA Medical Center San Diego
Veterans Medical Research Foundation (VMRF)
Core for Micro Imaging(C-MI)
3350 La Jolla Village Dr., MC151
San Diego, CA 92161
858-552-8585 x2397