[Histonet] Toluidine Blue

Edie Lehman EdieL <@t> fmchealth.org
Thu Aug 27 13:21:34 CDT 2009

I am currently writing a procedure for the use of Toluidine Blue staining for both FNA's and frozen sections at the request of one of our pathologists.  Can anyone guide me in the use of this stain in lieu of Diff Quick or H&E for rapid processing (such as references I could use, etc) and does anyone have a procedure I can cite for permanent mounting/storage of these slides?
Thanks in advance,
Edie Lehman MT(ASCP)
Anatomical Pathology Supervisor
EdieL <@t> fmchealth.org

Fairfield Medical Center
People you know. Care you trust.
Visit us at http://www.fmchealth.org or our online store at http://fairfield.thehospitalstore.com

"Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
Any unauthorized review; use; disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message."