[Histonet] Luxol Fast Blue with IHC

Patten, Nicole (NIH/NIAAA) [F] pattennj <@t> mail.nih.gov
Wed Aug 26 10:03:08 CDT 2009

Hello-

Has anyone tried to counterstain an IHC stain with Luxol Fast Blue? I am worried that the LFB destain will remove some of the IHC.

I use the VIP solution from Vector as the chromogen for IHC instead of DAB and I destain Luxol Fast Blue with Hydroquinone/Sodium Sulfite (in addition to the ethanol steps). I'm staining for Ki-67 and I'm doing this on FFPE human brain sections. I haven't found anything in the Histonet archives on this topic.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Nicole, Post-bacccalaureate Fellow, NIH