[Histonet] Question about Ventana IHC stainers

John Shelley jshelley <@t> burnham.org
Tue Aug 25 05:52:14 CDT 2009

Good Morning Histonetters,

I would like to know if those of you who have a Ventana Benchmark, Ultra, or Discovery have ever tried to restain slides on the machine and had a problem with inconsistent staining pattern the second time. I have found that multiple sections on a slide do not all stain the second time but had the first. If you have done this please explain how you may have cleaned the slides off and the reagents you may have used after that to clean the slide. I worked on a Dako previously and had never had any difficulties doing this. Thanks for any responses!

John