[Histonet] reduction/elimination of red cell autofluorescence on FFPE sections for IF examination

Thurby, Christina christina.thurby <@t> bms.com
Mon Aug 24 09:58:43 CDT 2009

Can anyone give feedback on reagents/procedures to use for immunofluorescence to reduce/eliminate red cell autofluorescence on FFPE sections.  I am using an indirect method of labeling for two antibodies (FITC and Texas Red).

I have not tried 0.1% sodium borohydride.  Will this help for formalin fixed specimens?  I have read that it is used for gluteraldehyde autofluorescence reduction.  If appropriate how long should this reagent be applied to the specimen and at what temperature.

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information.  The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments.  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.