[Histonet] RA Lamb Lambwax Substitute

Manfre, Philip philip_manfre <@t> merck.com
Mon Aug 17 09:20:50 CDT 2009

Good morning Histonet,
	Does anybody out there know of a good substitute for or have a
supply of RA Lamb's Lambwax paraffin?  RA Lamb was bought by Thermo and
Lambwax is no longer produced.  We used Lambwax in our lab for a
particular sectioning protocol.  It allowed for sectioning of small
tissue without removing, soaking, or chilling of the block.  This helped
keep the alignment of the block to the knife intact over a large number
of serial sections.
	If anybody has experience with other paraffins that can offer
the qualities I described or know of a supplier that may have Lambwax,
please let me know.  T-565 and T-555 are not suitable for this specific
technique in our experience.
	Thanks in advance,
Phil.

Philip Manfre, BA, HT(ASCP)
Senior Research Scientist
Merck Research Laboratories
WP45-251
PO Box 4
West Point, PA 19486

215-652-9750
215-993-0383 (fax)
philip_manfre <@t> merck.com

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete it from your system.