[Histonet] Specimen Storage

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 15:55:50 CDT 2009

We used to store them directly in the sealed Kapak pouches. I believe there are some "for home" commercial alternatives, although probably for frozen storage. Worth exploring "out of the lab" alternatives.
René J.

--- On Thu, 8/13/09, Susan Raibley <sraibley <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Susan Raibley <sraibley <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Specimen Storage
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 3:18 PM

I work for a research company and am looking at ideas for storage of specimens. We currently use Bitran bags to keep the extra parts with some formalin and then heat seal them in the Kapak heat seal bags. The Bitran bags are getting so expensive and tend to leak. Does anyone have a better system for long term storage of multiple animal specimens? Thanks!

Susan Bincsik, HT (ASCP)