[Histonet] RE: CAP

Joanne Clark jclark <@t> pcnm.com
Mon Aug 10 12:39:53 CDT 2009

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:05:44 -0500
From: Vacca Jessica <Jessica.Vacca <@t> HCAhealthcare.com>
Subject: [Histonet] CAP ?
To: "Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"
	<Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

How does one gather this information in the lab? What are your steps?

GEN.70550  "Is there documentation that each of the chemicals in the laboratory has been evaluated for carcinogenic potential, reproductive toxicity, and acute toxicity; and does the policies and procedure manual define specific handling requirements for these chemicals" -

Thanks

Jessica Vacca
Histology Supervisor
119 Oakfield Dr
Brandon Fl 33511
(813) 571-5193
(813) 571-5169 FAX

We take this one step further than Mr. McNemar.  We take the info from the MSDS and have prepared a chart of our toxic chemicals that is kept in the documentation of our Lab Safety.  It lists for the chemicals involved the specific toxic dangers and any special handling.

Joanne Clark, HT
Histology Supervisor
Pathology Consultants of NM
Roswell, NM