[Histonet] CAP ? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Gladney, Diane C Ms CIV USA MEDCOM MACH diane.gladney <@t> us.army.mil
Mon Aug 10 11:22:39 CDT 2009

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

We have a  MSDS for all of our chemicals. The information is listed in the MSDS. We keep copies in our MSDS Books in the lab for fast and easy access. The MSDS's are updated yearly, when we receive new chemicals or the manufacturer sends us their latest MSDS on their products. This use of the MSDS and the information listed is addressed in our Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). We also list in this SOP all known carcinogens, reproductive toxicity and acute toxicity used in the lab. They are to be handled in accordance with the recommendations of the MSDS.

Thanks,
Diane G.

Diane C. Gladney, HT (ASCP)
Supervisor, Anatomical Pathology
Moncrief Army Community Hospital
Dept. of Pathology
4500 Stuart St.
FT. Jackson, SC  29207

Email:  diane.gladney <@t> amedd.army.mil

Phone:  803-751- 2530
FAX:     803-751-7829
DSN:    734-2530

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vacca Jessica
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 10:06 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] CAP ?

How does one gather this information in the lab? What are your steps?

GEN.70550  "Is there documentation that each of the chemicals in the laboratory has been evaluated for carcinogenic potential, reproductive toxicity, and acute toxicity; and does the policies and procedure manual define specific handling requirements for these chemicals" -

Thanks

Jessica Vacca
Histology Supervisor
119 Oakfield Dr