[Histonet] Core unit support

Va Paula Sicurello vapatpxs <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 12:12:31 CDT 2009

Hello Everybody,

I was wondering what type of institutional support y'all have at your various institutions.  I work for a research foundation and they want to drop my salary and have the researchers grants pay my salary and almost everything else.  I am a fee-for-service lab and the CEO wants to see $25K in recharges between now and December.

We offer TEM, confocal, histology and cryosectioning.  We will be adding micro-CT and a deconvolution microscope that does FRET and can handle samples that have been transfected(?) with viral vectors.

Is she being unrealistic?  I am only 80% time and the only person down here.  Should I start looking for a new position before she shuts me down?  How many people have had their facilities closed by the people who don't see the big picture?

Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks,

Paula  :-}

Paula Sicurello

VA Medical Center San Diego

Veterans Medical Research Foundation (VMRF)

Core for Micro Imaging(C-MI)

3350 La Jolla Village Dr., MC151

San Diego, CA 92161

858-552-8585 x2397