[Histonet] Eosin Bleeding

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Wed Aug 5 15:46:03 CDT 2009

Can't say for sure but eosin is very sensitive to pH, and will rinse out rapidly in any solution that is basic, even slightly so, like tap water.  Nair contains calcium hydroxide, which is a stong base. If that compound were not thoroughly rinsed out of the tissue before processing, I wouldn't be surprised if it interfered with eosin binding.