[Histonet] Re: Xylene substitutes (UNCLASSIFIED)

Gladney, Diane C Ms CIV USA MEDCOM MACH diane.gladney <@t> us.army.mil
Wed Aug 5 15:12:24 CDT 2009

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I have 2 Leica ASP 300 tissue processors. I use Thermo Scientific Shandon Xylene Substitute (formally known as Histosolv). I have used this for many years with excellent results.  I have never had any problems using this in the processor. We had 2 very old VIP tissue processors before we got the Leica processors and used Histosolv in those processors also. I have never heard of Sub-X.

Diane C. Gladney, HT (ASCP)
Supervisor, Anatomical Pathology
Moncrief Army Community Hospital
Dept. of Pathology