[Histonet] Clear-Rite 3

Amy Porter portera <@t> msu.edu
Wed Aug 5 09:00:47 CDT 2009

I would contact Anatech Ltd.  they have a substitute "Pro-Par Clearant"
www.anatechltdusa.com - they are all very knowledgeable and would be able to
help you I am sure.  I don't use substitutes in my lab at this time, however
I would contact them if I were ready to make the switch.

Amy S. Porter, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Investigative HistoPathology Laboratory - Supervisor
2201 Biomedical Physical Sciences Bldg.  Rm #2133
East Lansing, MI  48824-3320
Phone:  (517) 884-5026
Fax:  (517) 432-1368
Email:  portera <@t> msu.edu
Web:  www.humanpathology.msu.edu
----- Original Message -----
From: "O'Donnell, Bill" <billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net>
To: <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:11 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Clear-Rite 3

Greetings!

We have been using Clear-Rite 3 here at our lab, and we are happy with
the product. Our supplier says it will be on back-order for some time
now. Our crack supply folks are looking for another source. I'm taking
another route to find out what products out there are comparable.

Are all "Xylene Substitutes" pretty much the same and there for pretty
much interchangable?
Are there some to stay away from?

Any help is appriciated.

William (Bill) O'Donnell, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Lead Histologist
Good Samaritan Hospital
10 East 31st Street
Kearney, NE 68847