[Histonet] ACELL compressed pig bladder

Deanna Leslie dea.leslie <@t> gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 09:39:57 CDT 2009

Hi to all,
Our facility is experimenting with a matrix made from acellular, compressed
pig bladder, as an alternative to collagen in the making of engineered skin
for burn patients. The name of the material is Matristem Wound Sheet and
Matristem Surgical Matrix. It is not very thick, but extremely condensed and
somewhat dense, which is the total opposite of the bovine collagen we have
been using. During rehydration it was not very hydrophilic, which makes me
wonder about my processing times.

Has anyone ever worked with this product? If so should I shorten/lengthen
processing times? How does it cut? Any information would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

Deanna Leslie ASCP HT

Shriners Hospital for Children