[Histonet] antifreeze

Mejia, Maria Maria.Mejia <@t> ucsf.edu
Mon Aug 3 17:43:55 CDT 2009

Hello,

Here in our lab we section lots of rat & primate (large blocks) of frozen brain tissues.  We cut them at 40um
as free-floating sections & place each section in wells - using the 24 plate well.  The wells have 2ml each of
anti-freeze solution which is stored at 4C or -20C for IHC methods.  Here is the way we make it.
160ml X2 - PBS
120ml X2 - ethylene glyco
120ml X2 - glycerin
mix well & store at 4C
Tissues are kept well & IHC is very very good!  Hope this helps.

Regards
Maria Mejia
Histology Manager
Department of Neurosurgery
UCSF
San Francisco, CA 94103
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Anand Vasudevan [anand <@t> ethoneuro.com]
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 1:10 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] antifreeze

Hi,
I am currently doing cryosectioning- free floating sections (50um). After
slicing I place the sections in a well plate containing PBS. I was thinking
of using an antifreeze solution- are there commercial available solutions or
do I need to prepare it and if so how to make a working solution?

Thanks,
Anand

Nanyang Technological University
Singapore