[Histonet] Position In Florida

Alyssa Peterson alyssa <@t> alliedsearchpartners.com
Thu Apr 30 10:26:13 CDT 2009

Hello,

My name is Alyssa Peterson, and I am the director of lab/pathology
recruitment at Allied Search Partners, and I wanted to follow up with you in
reference to a full time/permanent job opportunity for a talented
histotechnologist. The position is in* Auburndale, Fl area. **If this is not
the job for you, however, you are interested in exploring new opportunities
please send me a copy of your updated resume and what you are looking for*.
Also, we offer to pay you up to $1000 for any referral that we place in a
position, so please forward this to anyone who seems fit for this position
and have them contact me right away!

*Position: Histotechnologist*

* *

*Shift*

*Full time, day shift*

* *

*Job Description:*

Responsible for performance of specimen processing, embedding, cutting,
routine and special histologic staining, frozen sectioning and mounting of
preparations from surgical and autopsy materials for microscopic
interpretation by the Pathologist.  In addition, measures and describes
needle core biopsies of the breast, liver, and all endoscopy biopsies.
Assists Pathologist by measuring, apportioning muscle biopsies; sural nerve
biopsies, and needle core biopsies of the kidney.  Implements and tests new
techniques and procedures.  The Histotechnologist identifies tissue
structures, cell components, and their staining characteristics, relating
them to physiological functions, making judgments concerning the results of
quality control measures.  Also prepares fresh unfixed tissue for
transporting to a reference lab.

Requirements & Working Conditions

·         High School Diploma Required.

·         Completion of structured training and education in Histology.

·         Licensed by the State of Florida as a Histology Technologist.
ASCP certification preferred.

·         Ability to stand and walk for approximately twenty percent of work
time when preparing tissues, and ability to lift, carry and manipulate
solvents/solvent containers, supplies, or equipment to a maximum of 25 lbs.

·         Is on-call occasionally or adjusts work schedule to respond for
frozen sections.

·         Works in a laboratory histology section with frequent (up to
thirty percent of work time) exposure to unpleasant odors, chemicals and
bio-hazardous specimens.

·         Potential exposure to cuts on hands and fingers from microtome
knives but hazards are limited when established handling procedures are
followed.

--
Alyssa Peterson
Allied Search Partners