[Histonet] Rolling sections

Emily Sours talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:09:06 CDT 2009

If your cryostat is set up correctly (ie, the roll plate isn't causing the
rolling up), then I would try 100% EtOH instead of 70%, I have no idea why
it works but sometimes, it does.
Also, when our cryostat starts doing this, I just clean the blade and the
knife and walk away for a few minutes--but our rolling-up is due to static
electricity.
You can also ground the blade by touching it with something metal.  I
wouldn't change your section thickness--rolling up has nothing to do with
that if you've got your cryostat set right.  Also don't breathe on your
sections--that's not a particularly scientific way to get what you need, and
you might need RNAse free sections in the future (RNAse free, your breath is
not.)

Emily

prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have
been a book.
-mark danielewski, house of leaves