[Histonet] AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE

Lynette Pavelich lpaveli1 <@t> hurleymc.com
Mon Apr 27 11:28:30 CDT 2009

We've used ammonium hydroxide on occasion with no problems.  My experiences with wash off's have turned out to be processing issues.
Lynette

>>> Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com> 04/27/09 12:03 PM >>>
If it was strong ("pure" or 28%) ammonium hydroxide, and the sections were not completely drained after placing them in the slides, that could be the cause.
René J.

--- On Mon, 4/27/09, Phyllis Thaxton <dchihc <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Phyllis Thaxton <dchihc <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, April 27, 2009, 10:02 AM

Hi all,
  I looked in archives to see if I could find any info on this but did not.
Remember, we are having a problem with some of the sections floating off during
IHC.
   If paraffin blocks are faced and then placed  in ammonium hydroxide
before cutting the H&E, would this cause the sections to float off if the
unstained sections that are cut in addition to the H&E's are also
produced in this manner?
Phyllis Thaxton HT(ASCP)QIHC
DCH Regional Medical Center
Tuscaloosa, AL