[Histonet] Embedding issues

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 11:07:25 CDT 2009

Sometimes screened cassettes have been blamed for defects in processing and to cause "bubbles" to be maintained in the tissues surfaces. So if that is the type of cassette your have narrowed your problem to that could be the cause.
René J.
--- On Mon, 4/27/09, Sharon.Davis-Devine <Sharon.Davis-Devine <@t> carle.com> wrote:

From: Sharon.Davis-Devine <Sharon.Davis-Devine <@t> carle.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Embedding issues
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:07 AM

We are having issues with our embedding.  We are routinely seeing
bubbles when we go to cut the blocks.  Our embedders are very careful
about tamping the tissue down to prevent this but it still seems to be
happening. We have narrowed down to one particular cassette so that may
be the problem.  We were just wondering is anyone out there in Histoland
has had similar problems and if you have how did you solve it?  As
always thanks for the help.

Sharon Davis-Devine, CT (ASCP)

Cytology Supervisor

Carle Clinic