[Histonet] Doublecortin staining with Abcam antibody

TF tifei <@t> foxmail.com
Fri Apr 24 05:25:20 CDT 2009

hi all, I am staining 40 um brain frozen sections with Abcam anti-DCX (rabbit source).

With 10% goat serum blocking for 1 hour before primary antibody, I observed a lot of non-specific fluorescence on my slide. Anyone experienced this before?

Second, I did not perform the antigen retrieval before the staining. The sections are made on a microtome, and floating sections are then mounted on slides.
But I added 0.3% triton to the primary antibody dilution. Will very long incubation (1-2 nights room temperature) with high concentration of triton affect the staining result? Such as "leaking" pattern of staining.

2009-04-24

TF