[Histonet] Buffer.

Ian Montgomery ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk
Thu Apr 23 10:58:45 CDT 2009

Bonnie,
	You hate ATPase, meet your friend, bane of my life, one of the most
capricious techniques ever to punish a poor Histotech. Although I'm doing a
large number of subjects I keep the numbers down and like your friend 8-9
slides per batch. 9.4 and 4.3 are always ok it's the 4.6 that gives the
grief.
Ian.

Dr. Ian Montgomery,
Histotechnology,
I.B.L.S. Support Unit,
Thomson Building,
University of Glasgow,
Glasgow,
G12 8QQ.

-----Original Message-----
From: Whitaker, Bonnie [mailto:Bonnie.Whitaker <@t> osumc.edu]
Sent: 23 April 2009 16:33
To: ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Buffer.

Ian,

I hate ATPase, but when I was at University of TX, we did them.  One of my
techs noticed that she did not have as good luck with large batches.  I
can't
really say if this was the case, but she swore they were much better if she
broke them down into smaller batches.  I think she didn't like to do more
than 8-9 slides per batch.

Good Luck!!
Bonnie Whitaker

Clinical Histology Manager