[Histonet] Buffer.

Ian Montgomery ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk
Thu Apr 23 07:12:11 CDT 2009

            At the moment I'm doing a large batch of myosin ATPase staining
on human skeletal muscle. 9.4 and the reversal at 4.3 are excellent but the
4.6 is not so good. I will alter the reversal pH in a range from 4.5 to 4.7
but I'm wondering, does the buffer have an effect. I use a glycine buffer
and have done for many years with good results but this time, mmm, not so
good. Others have used acetate or barbitone and I have myself but always
found glycine to give clean staining after the sulphide rinse.

            Comments, stick to glycine but alter the reversal pH, or change
the whole system and try another buffer?

Ian.

Dr. Ian Montgomery,

Histotechnology,

I.B.L.S. Support Unit,