[Histonet] mouse tibia 200um sections-low speed saw?

Jamie E Erickson jamie.erickson <@t> abbott.com
Wed Apr 15 13:26:55 CDT 2009

Hi Histonetters,
                               Can any one help.... I am trying to repeat
what I see in this paper and it said it cut cortical mouse bone  tibia and
I quote  "For the cortical bone, a pair of 100–200 um-thick
transverse sections were cut in the middle of the tibia with a low-speed
diamond blade saw."

I tried to cut this thin but I can't not get that thin... I am using a
buehler isomet low speed saw with a 4" 15HC  wafering blade. My micrometer
reads every complete turn from zero to zero = 625um or 25 MIL and that is
about as thin as I can cut mouse tibia. Please help am I missing
something, what is the trick...??

Thanks

Jamie

Jamie Erickson
Sr. Research Associate II M.S. HTL (ASCP)
Department: DSMP
Abbott Bioresearch Center
100 Research Drive
Worcester, MA 01605-4341