[Histonet] Lab Week-Histology Trivial or Fun Facts

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Wed Apr 15 08:43:49 CDT 2009

All,
We actually brought in pictures of our parents one year for lab week.
Another good one I saw was that someone snuck around and took pictures of
people's feet- it was wild.
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Northwestern University
Pathology Core Facility
ECOGPCO-RL
710 N Fairbanks Court
Olson 8-421
Chicago,IL 60611
312-503-3723

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
stephanie.d.rivera <@t> gsk.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:01 PM
To: Disher Lori
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu;
histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Lab Week-Histology Trivial or Fun Facts

Hi All,

No. I never heard the hard boiled egg sectioning fact.

1. Match the baby picture to the tech.

2. Gather information on if one weren't a histotech what would one do?
Create a form and have the techs match names to the      profession. It
could be fun. I participated in another lab once and the techs were funny.
If I weren't a histotech I'd travel on the speech circuit. That particular
person talked all day, literally. OR you can come up with professions
based on the techs personality and have everyone guess on the form. Who
ever get the most correct gets $5.00 Wawa card or something.

3. Unscramble laboratory terms from all labs including clinical.

4.Double check  this info, Who developed the diamond knife for electron
microscopy AND improved the ultramicrotome
                        Answer: Humberto Fernandez-Moran--- Venezuela

Stephanie D. Rivera
Safety Assessment Department
GlaxoSmithKline
709 Swedeland RD
King of Prussia, PA 19406
phone: 610-270-7340
fax: 610-270-7202

"Disher Lori" <Lori.Disher <@t> HCAhealthcare.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
14-Apr-2009 15:12

"histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Lab Week-Histology Trivial or Fun Facts

Hello,
  I was wondering if anyone has some histo trivial-fun facts to share for
Lab Week?  I remember a supervisor told me long ago that she was told
while in training, that if you took a hard boilded egg and sectioned it at
2 microns you would have enough sections to cover a football field.  Has
anyone ever heard that one before?  Can anyone contribute any others?  We
are trying to come up with some games for lab week.
Lori