[Histonet] FORMULA 83

Vickroy, Jim Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com
Tue Apr 14 10:42:23 CDT 2009

We are experimenting with formula 83 as a clearing agent and chemical in our automated Meisei coverslipper.   However it is not compatible with our current mounting medium on the automated coverslipper (TBS shur/mount xylene based. The reason for trying the formula 83 is that we want to completely get rid of xylene, which is now used on the coverslipper.  I do not want to however switch from one problem to another since I know that certain mounting mediums do not work well in the automated coverslipper.  I believe the "thicker" mounting mediums can cause other issues with the automated coverslipper and that is why we started using the TBS shur/mount xylene based medium in the first place.  Does anybody who is using Formula 83 have an alternative that works well in the automated coverslipper and it has approximately the same viscosity as the TBS shur/mount medium?

Thanks for your help.

Jim Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)
Technical Supervisor - Surgical and Autopsy Pathology
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046
vickroy.jim <@t> mhsil.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.