[Histonet] Benchmark XT

Dana Spears dspears <@t> mmci.org
Wed Apr 8 11:23:49 CDT 2009

I would definitely check your slides - we have found that when we get a
bad lot of charged slides, things start washing off on the XT -
regardless of detection, antibodies, whatever.  It was happening to us
on some tissue types and not on others, but a new batch of charged
slides did the trick.

I've never had to dry 60 min in the oven - 20 does it for us when we
aren't having slide issues.

Also, if you are using any Sta-on or any adhesive in your waterbath
with the charged slides it can cause the slides to sort of repel the
tissue and negate the "charged" effect.... again certain tissues will
fall off, others stay on....

Dana Spears, HTL(ASCP)
Laboratory Manager
Methodist Medical Center
(309) 672-4930 (office)
(309) 255-7214 (cell)
(309) 279-3768 (fax)
dspears <@t> mmci.org

>>> Phyllis Thaxton <dchihc <@t> yahoo.com> 4/8/2009 8:43:36 AM >>>

Is anyone out there having problems with tissue washing off the slides
using the Ultraview kit from Ventana?

Mainly we are having problems with  needle biopsies washing off
(prostate, liver). Fixation and processing is always the same 4-6  hours
fixation, 3 hour biopsy processing run on VIP processor, cut no thicker
than 4 microns, airdried at least 30 minutes, baked at 59-60 for at
least one hour prior to staining. The instrument's calibrations have
been checked and are fine.

We never had this problem with the iView kit using the Nexes, doing
pretreatments offline.

Any help, ideas, info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phyllis Thaxton HT(ASCP)QIHC
DCH Regional Medical Center
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401