[Histonet] Fixation question - Cerebellar granular cells

Guillermo Palchik gp62 <@t> georgetown.edu
Tue Apr 7 15:59:58 CDT 2009

Dear Histoneters,

I am doing some IHC on rat cerebellar granular cells (NOT TISSUE) and
I need to fix them with PF.
I have gotten 4 different answers on how to go about this, and I
wanted to run this by the list to see what you think.

1) Fix in COLD, 4% PF in 1x PBS

2) Fix in COLD, 4% PF in 1x PBS with 4% Sucrose.

3) Fix in WARM (37 C) ,in  4% PF in 1x PBS.

4) Fix in WARM (37 C), in 1x PBS with 4% Sucrose.

I get the fact that the PF might need to be at 37 C, since it is the
temperature that the cells are in the incubator and it would probably
temperature shock them. What about the sucrose? does it remove the
water?

I'd appreciate your thoughts...
Best,

Guillermo