[Histonet] Removing PMMA blocks from glass vials - feedback

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Tue Apr 7 09:58:41 CDT 2009

Thanks to all who offered advice on this topic. I followed the advice given but my experience was a bit different from that which was described, so I thought I would share it and see if anyone else has had a similar experience.  I placed the vials in the -20 freezer for an hour, then went back intending to take them out, wrap them in an underpad and hit them with a hammer.  But the vials had already shattered, apparently with some force since bits of glass were everywhere.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It may be due to the type of vials I used, scintillation vials, which are made of a glass that seems quite hard and somewhat thin.