[Histonet] Histology

James Watson jwatson <@t> gnf.org
Mon Apr 6 18:23:03 CDT 2009

Formaldehyde Fixation0022-1554/85/83. 30. The. Journal of Histochemistry
and Cytochemistry. Copyright ... U.S.A.. Formaldehyde. Fixation. Review.
Article. CECIL. H. FOX, ...
www.jhc.org/cgi/reprint/33/8/845.pdf - Similar pages
by CH Fox - 1985

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rittman,
Barry R
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 4:16 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Histology

I hate to bring up histological technique for a change of pace
but...........

Could we get some consensus of opinion as to maximum, minimum and
optimal fixation times for different tissues?
This is  assuming that tissues will be fixed in buffered formalin at
room temperature and processed to wax with a standard technique in a
processor.
This would also require a standard thickness for each tissue type.
If there are students out there looking for  projects this might seem to
be suitable, as a few tissues only could be examined at one time.
I know that several papers have been published about fixation in
formalin but can't bring to mind any that deal with this aspect of the
topic.
If there are any students out there who would like a summary of fixation
in general I will be happy to email it to them.
Barry