[Histonet] Removing PMMA blocks from glass vials

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Mon Apr 6 08:07:45 CDT 2009

Use a razor blade to slit one side of the vial lengthwise and pull apart.

Janet

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Pat Flannery
Sent: Fri 4/3/2009 5:33 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Removing PMMA blocks from glass vials

OK, silly question time:  How do you get them out of *plastic* vials?
I've always used the glass scint vials,too. Doesn't the PMMA melt
plastic vials (or stick too well to them)?

-Pat Flannery
  Duke Med

On Apr 3, 2009, at 2:00 PM, "Monfils, Paul" <PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org>
wrote:

> Someone gave me some small PMMA blocks polymerized inside glass
> scintillation vials.  I always use plastic vials.  Obviously the
> vials have to be broken to get the blocks out.  Does anyone have
> some advice on the best way to do this?  The guy who brought them
> said he thought I could "use liquid nitrogen", but had no
> specifics.  Any help will be appreciated.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.