[Histonet] René as a name.

Bryan Llewellyn llewllew <@t> shaw.ca
Mon Apr 6 00:14:25 CDT 2009

For all those not cognizant of it, including the eminently intellectual Mr.
Taupin, the name "René" is a male French name.  The tip off is the acute
accented "é" at the end.  The female name is "Renée".  René's name is not
androgynous at all, it is quite clearly male, and anyone who has studied
French should be aware of it.

Mr. Taupin is clearly trolling, so could we please have him removed from
this group?

Bryan Llewellyn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernie Taupin" <bernietaupin <@t> ymail.com>
To: <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>; <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>; "alan taylor"
<aj.taylor <@t> blueyonder.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 9:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Nice one Kemlo

1. How is anyone supposed to know your gender online when you have such an
androgynous name?
2. what does your gender have to do with this in the first place?

gender equality is gender equality. but, not surprisingly, none of the
feminists on this list have come out to say that.

though i bet some would if i said something sexist, eh?