[Histonet] Davidson's fixative

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 15:48:00 CDT 2009

Christine:
Unfortunately our profession has no standards with regards of how we do things, we tend to add "twists" even to recognized procesures, is in our histotechs DNA. Each histolab processes tissues mostly according to its own experience with previous results.
So I think that the best for you, instead of relying on others experiences, you should try to test in parallel using some cases that you will process in Davidson and using whatever you are using now, including the IHC. That first hand experience I think will be much more helpful for you.
René J.

--- On Thu, 4/2/09, Christine Bark <CBark <@t> memorialcare.org> wrote:

From: Christine Bark <CBark <@t> memorialcare.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Davidson's fixative
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 3:50 PM

Hello Histonetters!
            I was wondering if any one knows of any studies done on
Davidson's fixative and breast IHC. We have been using Davidson's for
our colons for about two years now (thanks to the Histonet) and I would
like to expand its use to our very fatty breast cases. Our head
pathologist is worried that it will affect the IHC.  Thank you all in
advance.

Christine Bark HT(ASCP) CM
Lead Histotech, Pathology
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center
949-452-3548
cbark <@t> memorialcare.org

distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender

by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.