[Histonet] Strange circles in IHC slides

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Apr 2 11:30:58 CDT 2009

I have seen something (rarely) like this.  We always assume that a few
bubbles developed that impeded the flow of one or more critical reagents
to the tissue underlying the bubble.  Somehow, the impediment vanished
later in staining to allow for the Hematoxylin counterstain to take.  It
would only take the omission of one reagent to halt the immunochemical
reaction in that area.  Just a thought.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of V.
Neubert
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:12 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Strange circles in IHC slides

Hello,

I really have some real links to real pictures of real relevance of the
real histonet list. Really promised.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8513/ts0402162049.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6514/ts0402162104.jpg

So, has ever anyone experienced sth. like this?
My conjugate control (every step except the antibody) was fine, nothing
to be seen about DAB and no circles at all.

I used Shandon single-use coverplates, sterile buffer, fresh antibody
aliquots. Any idea?

Thanks,

V. Neubert