[Histonet] Mouse mammary glands

Land, Kimberly J KjLand <@t> usi.edu
Thu Apr 2 10:49:16 CDT 2009

Dear histonetters,

  I am in need of some help.  Is it possible to stain a mouse mammary
gland in Carmine Alum after it has been fixed in 4% PFA?  We originally
were fixing them in Carnoy's and then staining, but then it was decided
not to stain anymore and the glands were just fixed with the PFA.  Now,
it looks like the glands will need to be stained, not only the currently
procured ones, but also the previous ones as well.  If this can be done,
does anyone have a procedure or any suggestions?

Thank you,

Kim Land

University of Southern Indiana

8600 University Blvd.