[Histonet] glutaraldehyde perfusion

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Thu Apr 2 10:00:14 CDT 2009

Hi Boma:

Whether or not a saline or buffer flush was used before glut. fixation
is of little consequence to the effects of glut as a fixative.The
saline/buffer washout is just to remove blood. In my experience most
people overdo the washout.
I am curious as to what "disrupt the blood-brain barrier" means. The bbb
is a very complex entity with both physical and metabolic components.I
suspect the person who told you this is not well informed.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.