[Histonet] IHC, decalcification preferences

Bernie Taupin bernietaupin <@t> ymail.com
Thu Apr 2 01:41:55 CDT 2009

I, personally, think EDTA SUCKS. a) it takes too long b) its not safe - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDTA#Toxicity_and_environmental_considerations c) its to old-fashioned.

Me, I'm a big proponent of Formic Acid decal. Holla off-list if you want me to hit you up with a protocol, yo.

________________________________
From: Amy Porter <portera <@t> msu.edu>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Nicole Collette <collette2 <@t> mail.llnl.gov>
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 12:56:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] IHC, decalcification preferences

All the mouse femurs and tibias done in our laboratory are decaled in 14% EDTA and we have a high success rate with our immunohistochemistry and Tunel staining.
Amy S. Porter, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Investigative HistoPathology Laboratory - Supervisor
2201 Biomedical Physical Sciences Bldg.  Rm #2133
East Lansing, MI  48824-3320
Phone:  (517) 884-5026
Fax:  (517) 432-1368
Email:  portera <@t> msu.edu