[Histonet] QHIC Qualification Exam

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Thu Sep 25 09:21:38 CDT 2008

When looking use QIHC, not QHIC.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marilyn
Gamble
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:56 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] QHIC Qualification Exam

During the the NSH meeting in Pittsburgh, I responded to a few
questions/misunderstandings about the QHIC examination.  I'd like to
share my responses with the Histonet community: You do not have to be
ASCP Certified to take the Qualification examination.

Individuals who work in research laboratories are eligible to take the
Qualification examination if they work in the U.S. or Canada and meet
the education or certification and experience  requirements as defined
in the selected Route.

Individuals who work outside of the U.S. or Canada may qualify if they
work in a CAP, JCAHO, or AABB accredited laboratory and meet the
education or certification and experience requirements as defined in the
selected Route. You can find complete information on the Qualification
at  www.ascp.org

Marilyn Gamble