AW: [Histonet] Gi Biopsies and the Tissue Tek VIP

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Thu Sep 25 01:44:35 CDT 2008

Laurie,
do you use the biopsy-sponges with this protocol? And how many cassettes do
you process at one time?

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin
Histolabor
Akh Linz
Krankenhausstr. 9
4020 Linz
+43(0)732/7806-6754
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Laurie
Colbert
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. September 2008 22:52
An: Amy Johnson
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: RE: [Histonet] Gi Biopsies and the Tissue Tek VIP

We have all stations set at 10 minutes, except for the last xylene and
the last two paraffins - which are 15 minutes each.
We actually have the two formalins at one hour and one and a half hours,
in case someone mistakenly puts the big tissue on the bx processor - at
least they will be well-fixed before we have to re-process them.  We
have plenty of time to have the formalin at longer times, but if your
specimens are already fixed, you should be able to go with the 10
minutes.

Laurie Colbert
Huntington Hospital
(626) 397-8620