[Histonet] Re: Humidity levels in the lab

Robert Richmond RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com
Mon Sep 22 12:53:29 CDT 2008

>>In the summertime [the humidity in our laboratory] is at around 60-70%, which seems to work well. In the winter time it is less than 0 and I run a humidifier full out to try to achieve 20%.<<

If your relative humidity is less than zero, you're probably putting
too much thiotimoline in your water bath!

(If you're too young for this literary allusion, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiotimoline
) and make the acquaintance of the late great Isaac Asimov!

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN