[Histonet] barcode labels vs handwritten

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Fri Sep 19 09:57:08 CDT 2008

And we use barcodeing, even tho all of the end users do not. We'll get
there eventually! This big of a change takes a while. We get labels from
Printer's Plus and are very happy with them. They are very thin and very
secure. We also now have a Sakura slide printer - that is interfaced
with our LIS. We still write our initial on the slides. We have unique
bar codes for the case, each specimen, each block, and each slide. If
they are used properly, many chances for error are eliminated.

Good luck to us all as we move into the future. Hope everyone is
surviving the stock market challenge. J

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-851-7376 - Phone
404-851-7831 - Fax

Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.