[Histonet] New cryostat questions

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 15:01:59 CDT 2008

The Leica is technologically top of the line.
René J.

--- On Fri, 9/5/08, Bell, Lynne <Lynne.Bell <@t> hitchcock.org> wrote:

From: Bell, Lynne <Lynne.Bell <@t> hitchcock.org>
Subject: [Histonet] New cryostat questions
To: "histonet" <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Friday, September 5, 2008, 2:41 PM

I am hoping to purchase a new cryostat within the next few weeks.
Currently we have an antiquated Tissue Tek that was purchased in 1988
(!).  Right now we have a Leica CM1950 that we are demoing and I am
looking at demoing a Thermo Scientific Microm HM550.  We really like the
Leica (this one has a vacuum and UV disinfection), but of course I
haven't tried any other brand to compare.

I would appreciate any comments regarding these two cryostats or any
others that you feel would merit a demonstration.  We do not perform a
huge amount of frozen sections, but enough so that we need a unit that
is reliable, easy to use, and is ergonomic.

Thanks!

Lynne

Lynne A. Bell, HT (ASCP)
Central Vermont Medical Center