[Histonet] Looking for a source for Fisher Code-On absorbent pads

James L Burchette burch007 <@t> mc.duke.edu
Wed Sep 3 12:30:34 CDT 2008

Brian:
Always willing to help out an old cap gappper! We still use a manual cap
gap method.

The Code On pads can be ordered from CCP Industries. Catalog # 7151872.
Contact Eilene Foss at 1-866-431-4227, ext. 234 or efoss <@t> ccpind.com to
make sure you get the correct size.  My last price was $96.72 a case. I
think they offer free shipping with an order of 6 cases.

Jim Burchette, HT(ASCP) QIHC
"A simple histotech from a little country hospital in North Carolina"

Brian Chelack <brian.chelack <@t> pds.usask.ca>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
09/03/2008 01:12 PM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Looking for a source for Fisher Code-On absorbent pads

We are having difficulty sourcing the absorbent pads for our old (very
very
old) Fisher Code-On immunostainer. These absorbent pads are 31/2 X31/2 X 1
inch thick. I would like to keep this old relic going for a few more years
(it still is one of the cheapest immunostainers to operate and is well
suited to running large numbers of a single stain at a time. Our Thermo
Fisher rep is only able to obtain the newer and smaller pads which are not
suitable.

Does anyone else still use these pads and if so can you tell me where you
get them? Otherwise I will have to convert a great many surveillance
protocols over to our Ventana equipment.

Happily stuck in the IHC stone age,

Brian Chelack
Special Projects Manager
Prairie Diagnostic Services Inc.
52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5B4
Phone (306) 966-7211
Fax (306) 966-7244
Email brian.chelack <@t> pds.usask.ca

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this message and/or
attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information that is
intended for the persons or entities addressed above. Any disclosure,
copying, retransmission or dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you
have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy the message.