[Histonet] Modified SDH

Sharon Allen SAllen <@t> exchange.hsc.mb.ca
Thu Oct 30 15:09:40 CDT 2008

Hi Histonet,
I would like to hear from anyone who does the Modified SDH method. This
is the method that uses Phenazine Methosulphate to suppress the normal
mitochondria & stains only mitochondria with DNA mutations.  We had been
doing the test for about 5 years with good results, then we made up new
solution & can't seem to get it working again. We have done all the
routine lab solutions & have come up blank.  The problem is our slides
are showing little to no staining, where before there was a little
differentiation & the abnormal cells stained fairly dark.  If anyone has
an image of a normal muscle & an abnormal muscle stained with this
method it would be very helpful.
Thanks for any help,
Sharon Allen
Neuropathology Lab