[Histonet] Histology and immuonhistochemistry of Drosophila eyesections (OT)

Peggy Bisher mbisher <@t> Princeton.EDU
Tue Oct 28 10:34:00 CDT 2008

I have students here who have been doing cryo-sectioning of
Drosophila. No one, has yet tried it in paraffin. Since they are very tiny
flies, we have a contraption that allows us to orient the flies so that
their heads are all in a row and we just cut a whole bunch at once. It looks
like a slide with a long groove in it - just wide enough to fit their heads
above it and the bodies hang down below. It seems to work just fine.

Cheers, Peggy

Margaret E. Bisher
Electron Microscopy & Histology Core Facility Manager
Department of Molecular Biology
Princeton University
Moffett Laboratory, Room 113
Princeton, New Jersey