[Histonet] More than 4 years old secondary antibodies

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Oct 26 12:25:01 CDT 2008

I would think they are alright if they have been kept lyophilized at 4dc, I
would certainly try them.  Once you reconstitute them, freeze small aliquots
for future use unless they are hrp conjugated.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. #215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Suhyoung
Jeong
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 2:02 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] More than 4 years old secondary antibodies

Hello everyone,

I got some still-lyophilyzed kept-in-4C secondary antibodies recently. We
don't know exactly how old they are, but the company (Zymed) could not track
the lot number on the bottle. They said that they discard the record after 4
years and that makes these antibodies at least 4 years old. I assume between
5-7 years old.

Has anyone have some idea whether it will be worth testing these antibodies?

Thank you in advance

Regards, Suh