[Histonet] mitotic figures staining

anhtx <@t> drreddys.com anhtx <@t> drreddys.com
Sat Oct 25 01:48:26 CDT 2008

Hello everyone

This is Girish working as toxicologic pathologist for a drug discovery firm
based in India. We are in the process of evaluating mitotic indices/figures
in the liver sections of rat. Can anyone help regarding what kind of simple
histotechniques are useful for this ?
When we went through the literature, we could notice that Toluidine blue
and Crystal violet staining will serve the purpose to differentiate from
apoptotic bodies and pyknotic nuclei. However,  we didn't get the staining
protocol for either.

If anybody has working experience on this, please share your views

Regards and thanks
Dr Girish B.Chandrashekar
      Scientist IB
Preclinical Safety Evaluation
Discovery Research
Dr Reddy's Laboratories
Hyderabad, India.

Disclaimer

This message contains legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.