[Histonet] Question about Leica Autostainer XL

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Wed Oct 22 13:46:23 CDT 2008

We have also noticed that we get preciptate and mold in the water drain
hose. We bleach it once a month along with the water containers. Our hose is
not smooth (corrugated?)
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Northwestern University
Pathology Core Facility
ECOGPCO-RL
710 N Fairbanks Court
Olson 8-421
Chicago,IL 60611
312-503-3723

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Weber, Susan
(VHACLE)
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:00 AM
To: Clouse, Rosanna; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Question about Leica Autostainer XL

Have you removed all the reagent containers? Even the water containers?
We have noticed that without regular flushing of machine with a weak
bleach solution (or disinfectant) we have mold growth which can be the
cause of odor in the equipment. Not the reagent containers, the actual
chamber interior. I had not noticed any extreme warmth coming from the
arm mechanism,that is something you can ask the Leica rep or service
rep. I have always found our rep and the general service of Leica to be
very helpful and responsive. They may be able to pinpoint the source of
the odor also.

Susan M Weber HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
10701 East Blvd
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
(216) 791-3800 X6154